Personalised Reg Plate Security
For those residents wishing to secure their vehicle registration plates, and so preventing them from being stolen, the Kirwans Bridge Neighbourhood Watch is holding a Safe Plate Day at the next Nagambie market.
The group will be setting up in Blayney Lane on Saturday.
For just a gold coin donation, get your number plates secured with the one-way safety screws.
● Another crime prevention initiative being held this weekend will be at the Tallarook market on Sunday.
Police will be there with engraving equipment to put identifying numbers on residents pushbikes, scooters and any other similar equipment.
Bring your property down, with your drivers licence and that number will be engraved on the item.
This helps to prevent theft and also greatly assists police to find owners if property does get stolen or lost.
Vehicle to Vehicle Registration Transfer Process
You can complete the registration transfer online or by post, although online is by far the easiest option. It is a two stage process. The first involves removing the registration number from your current vehicle and the second step involves assigning the registration number to the new vehicle.
To complete a registration transfer by post you will need a V317 form from the DVLA. You can download this online or pick it up from your local Post Office, provided they are a Post Office that deals with road tax. Filling out the form is fairly straightforward:
- Section two is for details of the vehicle the registration number is being transferred from.
- Section three is for details of the vehicle the registration number is being transferred to. You will also need to include details of the owner of the vehicle the registration number is being transferred to in this section.
As well as the form, you will need the vehicle registration certificate and a copy of the insurance for both vehicles involved in the transfer, i.e. the vehicle that currently has the registration number, and the vehicle the registration number is being transferred to.
Established For Over 25 Years
the Cherished Numbers Guild
- Free transfer service - your paperwork is handled by our trained team
- Over 25 years expertise - long established and trusted company
- DVLA Recognised Reseller - linked directly from the DVLA website
- DVLA Registered Number Plate Supplier - in line with all DVLA & MOT regulations